Archive for October 18th, 2013
JASPER is excited to announce the release of the late model Ford 5R110 Rear & 4 Wheel Drive, Electronically Controlled Transmission.
Applications released include:
2009 Ford: F250, F350, F450 & F550
JASPER’s Remanufactured Ford 5R110 Transmission, has several advantages over Dealer O.E. and/or Competition with updates including:
- Installation of 100% a new multi-plate lockup piston for higher torque capacity
- Use of an updated spring retainer for the low/reverse clutch to prevent the snap ring from popping off resulting in metal contamination, clutch failure and unit failure
- Low diode snap ring is updated to the latest design
- Installation of a new forged/billet front cover for the converter to prevent flexing at the studs and to ensure better heat sink for the lockup piston lining
- Installation of an upgraded low sprag
- Re-staking of all early reverse planetary pinion pins with 12 tons of pressure
- Supply & 100% testing of Range Sensor
- Low reverse diode is updated to later style because the early style can side load
- Low reverse snap ring is updated to the latest style to keep ring from rotating in the case
For more information on the remanufactured products of Jasper Engines & Transmissions, contact us at 1-800-827-7455.
Friddle: In what year did Jasper Engines & Transmissions open the Dallas, TX Branch?
Hint: The answer can be found in the Virtual History Book on the JASPER home page.
Check our blog next Friday for the answer and another Friddle.
Last Week’s Friddle: The 2014 Audi RS 7 is powered by a V8 TFSI engine. What does TFSI
Last Week’s Friddle Answer: Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection
Last Week’s Friddle Contest Winner: Jerry C.