Archive for the ‘Product Information Releases’ Category
Jasper Engines & Transmissions is pleased to offer the remanufactured Ford 6R80 RWD and 4WD transmissions. These transmissions are for the following 2009-2010 Ford and Lincoln applications equipped with a 5.4L engine:
“Each JASPER remanufactured Ford 6R80 is 100% dynamometer tested, and TCM validated, through a state-of-the-art CAN software package,” said Brad Boeglin, JASPER New Product Development Group Leader. “This eliminates the chance of shifting concerns and ensures a quality product for the customer.”
The TCM receives a thermal conductor layer to improve heat dissipation between it and the valve body to reduce the chance of overheating. “The hydraulics, and electronics, of the TCM are 100% tested, then preprogrammed to the latest calibration for plug and play capability,” added Boeglin.
The 6R80 valve body is 100% remanufactured and vacuum tested to restore hydraulic integrity. “This reduces the chance of low hydraulic pressure within the transmission, resulting in erratic shifts,” said Boeglin.
Great care is taken to ensure each 6R80 can stand up to the rigors of everyday life. “A deeper, high-capacity oil pan is installed, where applicable, to reduce the chance of transmission overheating, and the latest design pressure plates are 100% installed to reduce the chance of snap ring dislocation on overdrive, direct and intermediate clutches,” said Boeglin.
The JASPER remanufactured Ford 6R80 is covered by a three-year, 100,000 mile, nationwide parts and labor warranty. Full warranty disclosure is available at www.jasperengines.com or upon request.
Jasper Engines & Transmissions is pleased to offer the remanufactured Toyota A750E (RWD) and A750F (4WD) transmissions. These transmissions are for the following 2004-2011 Toyota applications:
• FJ Cruiser
“Each JASPER remanufactured Toyota A750E and A750F is 100% dynamometer tested using a state-of-the art dyno software package,” said Brad Boeglin, JASPER New Product Development Group Leader. “This eliminates the chance of shifting concerns and ensures a quality product for the customer.”
All wear areas of the valve body are reamed to oversize, where applicable, and vacuum-tested to restore the hydraulic integrity of the unit. “This reduces the chance of low fluid pressure within the transmission, causing slipped clutches,” said Boeglin.
In addition to the value-added quality remanufacturing steps to provide a perfect product, great care is taken to ensure each A750E and A750F can stand up to the rigors of everyday life. “Each transmission receives 100% new friction plates from the OE manufacturer to retain shift quality and durability,” said Boeglin. “Converter linings are 100% replaced to reduce lock-up shudder and solenoids are 100% tested to verify proper operation before they are installed in the transmission.”
The JASPER remanufactured Toyota A750E and A750F is covered by a three-year, 100,000 mile, nationwide parts and labor warranty. Full warranty disclosure is available on our website or upon request.
Jasper Engines & Transmissions is pleased to offer a remanufactured Holset HE351VE turbocharger. This turbo is for 2007 and current Cummins 6.7L diesel engine applications.
“Each JASPER remanufactured Cummins 6.7L Holset turbo undergoes a three-step balancing process,” said Ryan Dooley, JASPER Diesel Division Manager. “The turbine shaft/wheel assembly, and the compressor wheel, are individually balanced on a component balancer.”
The rotating assembly, or center section, is then balanced on a high speed VSR machine. “The center section is balanced at over 70,000 RPM.” said Dooley. “We verify balance is at .05 grams per square inch or below for best operation and improved turbo life.”
In addition to the value-added quality remanufacturing steps to provide a perfect product, great care is taken to ensure each component can stand up to the rigors of everyday life. “Each Cummins 6.7L Holset turbo receives new bearings and thrust packages, 100% new seals on pushrods to keep exhaust gases out of the bearing housing, along with new cross shaft seals to prevent oil leaks out of the actuator drive gear port,” said Dooley. “We also install new stainless steel cup plugs to prevent corrosion.”
The variable geometry of this turbo is controlled by a sophisticated CAN controlled module. “Each of these actuators has its CAN network communication verified and is electronically calibrated to the turbo,” added Dooley. “100% new seals are used to keep the coolant used to cool the actuator away from the delicate electronics inside.”
The JASPER remanufactured Cummins 6.7L Holset turbo is covered by a one-year, unlimited mile, nationwide parts and labor warranty. Full warranty disclosure is available at www.jasperengines.com or upon request.
Jasper Engines & Transmissions, the nation’s leader in remanufactured products, announces the availability of its remanufactured Toyota 3MZ-FE 3.3L engine. This DOHC V6 engine is available on exchange for the following 2004-2010 vehicles:
This remanufactured JASPER engine offers several advantages:
- JASPER-designed pistons are engineered with larger oil return holes that assist with oil drain back and prevent oil rings from sticking.
- Pistons include a graphite coating to prevent dry startup and piston scuffing.
- Valve covers are supplied and a NEW PCV valve is installed to allow proper ventilation.
- UPDATED ring pack, with plasma moly rings, provides higher durability to help reduce cylinder wear and provides three times more oil drain back for better oil control.
- 100% installation of NEW nitrided engine valves that are more heat resistant and reduce the chance of valve guide wear.
- Multi-layer steel (MLS) head gaskets are installed to reduce head gasket failure.
- 100% NEW head bolts ensure an even clamp load.
- 100% installation of a NEW water pump.
- 100% tested camshaft actuators to verify proper performance.
- Live-Run Testing, including recorded inspections of temperatures, oil pressure, vacuum and compression, provide piece-of-mind and assures reliability.
- Black-light inspections ensure there are no oil leaks.
The JASPER Remanufactured 3MZ-FE engine is covered by JASPER’s 3-Year/100,000 mile nationwide transferable parts and labor warranty. Full warranty disclosure is available on our website, or upon request.
Jasper Engines & Transmissions, the nation’s leader in remanufactured products, announces the availability of its remanufactured Nissan VQ40DE 4.0L engine. This DOHC V6 engine is available on exchange for the following 2006-2011 vehicles:
Nissan Frontier, Pathfinder, Xterra
This remanufactured JASPER engine offers several advantages:
- Redesigned JASPER piston with graphite coating to help prevent dry start-up and piston scuffing
- Installation of plasma Moly rings which have a higher durability to help reduce cylinder wear
- Installation of Viton valve stem seals which have an increased resistance to heat, oil additives, and abrasion
- MLS Head Gasket: Multi-layer steel head gasket is installed to reduce head gasket failure
- 100% installation of updated NEW cam gear chains and chain tensioners to prevent upper chain noise
- 100% installation of NEW water pump to prevent coolant leaks in the timing cover
- 100% supplied NEW oil cooler gasket to assist in installation and the reduction of oil leaks
- 100% installation of NEW nitrided engine valves for improved heat resistance and the reduction of valve guide wear
- 100% testing of camshaft actuators
- Live-Run Testing provides peace of mind and assures reliability
The JASPER remanufactured VQ40DE engine is covered by JASPER’s 3-Year/100,000 mile nationwide transferable parts and labor warranty. Full warranty disclosure is available on our website or upon request.
For more information on the complete line of JASPER remanufactured gas engines, please call 800-827-7455.
Jasper Engines & Transmissions is pleased to announce a new product in our line of remanufactured diesel engines.
JASPER now offers the MaxxForce DT Complete engine, available on exchange, for the following 2007-2009 International/Navistar applications:
IC Corporation CE 300
IC Corporation FE 300
IC Corporation RE 300
“Each complete engine is remanufactured using a standard set of new parts,” said Brad Boeglin, JASPER New Product Development Team Leader. “All other castings and components are remanufactured to meet or exceed OEM specifications.”
The International MaxxForce DT Complete includes the block, head, crank, cam and lifters, rods and pistons, valve train, front cover, oil pump, oil pan, oil filter, oil cooler, water pump, intake manifold, crank hub, flywheel housing, front engine mount and bellhousing.
“JASPER’s remanufactured complete engine includes thorough cleaning, precise machining, assembly and testing processes that will help assure the customer of maximum engine life and performance,” added Boeglin.
The International MaxxForce DT Complete is covered by a one year parts and labor warranty. Full warranty disclosure is available on our website or upon request.
For more information on the remanufactured diesel products of Jasper Engines & Transmissions, contact us at 1-800-827-7455.
Jasper Engines and Transmissions has expanded its Gas Engine Remanufacturing Division within the Jasper, Indiana, facility.
The Jasper facility utilized four remanufacturing lines (called PODs) in which an engine went from a core, to a finished product, within one remanufacturing unit. Each POD has specific engine families that it remanufactures. This allows each POD to become specialized with those engine families, which helps JASPER produce a quality product and produce it more efficiently.
The need for a fifth POD was realized as early as November, 2013, as increased sales of JASPER remanufactured Ford modular engines (4.6L and 5.4L Triton V8 and 6.8L V10) exceeded the Gas Engine Division’s maximum production. “We were selling 28 units per day at the start of the year,” said Randy Bauer, Jasper Facility Gas Division Manager. “We’re currently averaging 33 sales per day of these units.”
“We were spending a considerable amount of overtime to produce these units,” Bauer said. “With this engine family remanufactured in a separate POD, we’ll reduce the amount of overtime that our Associates are working, and at the same time improve the ergonomic part of their work.”
The new POD, named POD 305, began gas engine remanufacturing on June 1st after months of development, and the relocation of JASPER’s Differential Division. A team of Associates handles engine remanufacturing duties within five areas: disassembly, prep and repair, head machining, block machining and assembly/testing.
This POD expands on an open concept method used in other areas within the Gas Division. “We had open floor space available to configure each department in a U-shaped design,” said Bauer. “We found this design to be very successful in the disassembly and assembly areas in our other PODS, so it was used in each area of 305, said Bauer.”
“The U-shaped design gives Associates more room to work, and it’s more visible and manageable for Team Leaders to check in on progress,” he said. “This is in contrast with areas in our existing PODS that utilize a linear form of remanufacturing, where work space is at a premium.”
The open concept of POD 305 also allows customers to see what happens while they are on tour. “The linear fashion of the old-style PODs is very cramped, and it’s hard to get tours to view the processes,” Bauer said. “With POD 305, customers will be able to see from the aisle way, looking into the area, and get a much better view of the quality of our product.”
With the formation of the Power Drive Transmission facility later this year, the Gas Division is anticipating additional floor space within the Jasper Facility to transform their existing PODs in a similar fashion.
For more information on the complete line of remanufactured gas engines from Jasper Engines & Transmissions, please call 800-827-7455.
JASPER is pleased to announce the release of the Nissan Dana 44 Differential.
Applications released include:
2004 – 2007
Titan RWD/4WD (Rear axle only)
This JASPER Remanufactured Differential has several advantages over Dealer O.E. and/or Competition
with updates including:
• JASPER offers an available upgrade from the standard-style O.E. differential to a TrueLoc (TrueLoc
is a helical-gear style limited-slip differential that maximizes wheel traction and enhances driving and
• 100% of yokes are replaced or sleeved to achieve a perfect sealing surface.
• Precise tooth contact pattern is set utilizing the full structure of the gear, on both the coast and drive
side of the ring and pinion, improving the life of the differential.
• Three bottles of gear oil will be supplied with this differential at NO CHARGE!
• Immediate availability!
For more information on the remanufactured products of Jasper Engines & Transmissions, please give us
a call at 800-827-7455.
JASPER is pleased to announce the re-release of the Toyota 1MZ-FE 3.0L DOHC engine. JASPER’s Quality and R&D Team are constantly looking for ways to improve new AND existing products. As a 100% Associate-Owned Company, every JASPER Associate is committed to providing you with best drivetrain products available. Don’t replace your vehicle, repower it with a high-quality JASPER component, we’ve been perfecting the art of remanufacturing since 1942.
Applications released include:
1994 – 2004
This JASPER remanufactured 3.0L engine has several advantages over Dealer O.E. and/or Competition…
- JASPER re-engineered pistons with larger oil return holes to assist in oil drain back, which prevents the rings from sticking
- Updated Plasma Moly rings for better durability, reduced cylinder wear and to provide 3X more oil drain back
- 100% installation of valve covers and PCV valves to reduce the risk of oil consumption
- 100% installation of NEW Nitrided Valves to provide additional heat resistance, better lubricity and to reduce guide wear
- 100% installation of NEW water pump
- 100% testing of camshaft actuators to verify proper performance
For pricing and more information on this Toyota engine or other remanufactured products of Jasper Engines & Transmissions, contact us at 1-800-827-7455.
An Extension to a Current JASPER Remanufactured Engine is Now Available!
JASPER is pleased to announce the release of the late model General Motors 5.3L engine.
Applications released include:
2010 – 2013
This JASPER remanufactured 5.3L engine has several advantages over Dealer O.E. and/or Competition…
- Installed and 100% tested VVT (Variable Valve Timing) gear
- JASPER utilizes a tighter piston-to-wall clearance to prevent “cold piston slap”
- Cylinder heads are pressure tested to ensure quality
- Latest-design OE lifters are installed to reduce lifter noise
- 100% NEW head bolts are installed to ensure proper clamp load
For more information on this 5.3L engine or other remanufactured products of Jasper Engines & Transmissions, contact us at 1-800-827-7455.